Sunday, January 08, 2006

Super Size Me

MTH and I watched that movie called "Super Size Me" last night. Well, what an impetus to start eating healthier! Not that we frequent fast food joints but we had fallen down on eating in. Life's been too hectic lately. The problem with eating healthy is that it takes planning and time. With Christmas and work, December was shot. I barely had time to go running. But, now we're turning over a new leaf and will be MAKING time for these things. MTH had his first bowl of oatmeal for breakfast this morning. He didn't really like it too much. He liked it a little better when he added some pecans to it (gives it some texture). I'm making some granola today so that he can either eat that by itself or on the oatmeal (yes, I know, oatmeal on oatmeal but it's what he wanted).

I am also making a slow cooker meal as we speak: Chicken and Sweet Potato Stew. It's from a magazine called Eating Well. It's a gift subscription from Mark's mom (I guess she already knew we needed to eat better :). The stew is for tomorrow night and leftovers will be frozen. That's the great thing - if I can take the time up front, there's usually saved time on the back end. Tonight we'll have Turkey Meatloaf Muffins and Broccoli. We'll also be able to freeze any leftovers.

MTH won't have to eat pizza on Tuesday's anymore.

Well, here's to hoping we can keep our resolve going with the fact that next week I'll be in Richmond for 3 days and then in SF for 3 days and then back in Richmond for 2 days.

No comments: