Sunday, April 20, 2008

Yoga

I'm excited about Tuesday. It'll be my first pre-natal yoga class. If I like the class, I'll continue it up until the baby's here. Part of it is as expected, they modify the moves for pregnant women. But, there's also a time at the beginning (or end, I can't remember what the brochure said), where we'll get together to discus things that are changing (there's lots of them!). Also, when someones due date gets close, a birthing buddy is assigned. No, that person does not assist!! She contacts the new mom after the delivery to find out how things went and comes back to the group to give everyone the news. Since the new mom won't be back in the class, it's a great way of bring closure to each person's time in the class. Then, after the baby's 3 or 4 weeks old, there's post-natal yoga where the Mom and the baby go together. I'll definitely be checking that out as well.

No comments: