Monday, April 28, 2008

Update on Idealistic Mom Thoughts #1

An update on my original list of Idealistic Mom Thoughts:

1. cloth diapers with a diaper service - costs the same as disposables but is supposed to help prevent diaper rash as well as help the child potty train faster
none of the day care centers I've looked at allow cloth diapers. I think we'll try to do both and see how it goes. Of course, we can use only cloth diapers for the first 4 months while I'm off from work.

2. nurse even once I go back to work - everyone has heard the benefits of nursing
still on track for this one :)

3. make my own baby food (at least some of it) - I can see this one being the first one going out the window
getting more ideas about this one so hopefully it won't be the first one out the window

4. toys without batteries - I absolutely hate batteries but have heard that everything takes a battery. I hope that there's some way I can get around needing too many of them.
still working on ensuring everyone knows about this one :)

I'm sure there will be more thoughts soon.

No comments: