Thursday, February 01, 2007

Dreamgirls

I went to see this movie with my British friend and a few of her friends last Thursday. It turned out to a fun night except that next time we'll choose a movie that starts later. We'll head to the sushi place around 6pm and then to the movie around 7pm. I crammed down some salmon and edamame. It's much more enjoyable if I have time to taste my food :)

The movie itself was interesting. If you haven't seen it yet, you should know that it's a musical. When I say it's a musical, I don't just mean that it has music in it. It actually has songs that are sung that move the dialogue along - like a musical on Broadway. I wasn't expecting that so at first, I thought it was a bit cheesy. Once I figured out that was what was supposed to be happening, I liked the movie a lot better. The only other criticism I would have is that it was too long!

No comments: