Saturday, February 03, 2007

Cafe Gutenberg

As I've mentioned in previous posts, MTH and I are going through a little bit of withdrawal by moving back to Richmond. I don't want to sound too snobby but the restaurants here are just not as good as DC. The fish is not as fresh. The recipes are not as creative. The mojitos are just not as tasty. But, what I've found is that there are a lot of cute little places that in DC, would be mobbed but in Richmond are just "full". One of those is Cafe Gutenberg. I haven't spent a lot of time there yet but it's a cool place so far. It's a wine bar/coffee shop/restaurant/bookstore. They also have free wireless. Plus, it's in an old building that's has an interesting design. It's about 7 blocks from our current place. It's walkable - the reason I point that out is that there's no way I'd walk 7 blocks from our place in the other direction!!!! It would not be a good idea. That's definitely an issue with downtown Richmond as well.

Anyway, once I've hung out at Cafe Gutenberg more, I'll tell you more.

No comments: