Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Photography Class

I'm hoping to take a photography class starting the second week of September. I was planning to sign up before leaving for vacation but that doesn't look like it will happen. Hopefully, the class will not fill up while I'm away. The class looks like it will help me to learn a lot about my camera. It's called Basic Camera Skills. Here's an excerpt from the class description:

The instructor will review the fundamentals of image capture and camera operation, guidelines for achieving proper exposures, and techniques for creating successful photo images. Students considering the purchase of a camera may want to attend the first class to get professional advice on what camera is best to fit their needs and interest. This class does not include instruction in darkroom or digital printing. Weekly assignments will be given.

I'm especially interested to find out what the weekly assignments will be. I also hope that we'll then discuss those in detail the following week in order to learn more about how to be a better photographer.

No comments: