Wednesday, December 28, 2005

It's a new day

I was told by MAK that I'm not boring and therefore the name of my blog should not be My Boring Life. Her suggestion was A Statistician's Life. I'm thinking that I don't want to define myself by my work so that's probably not going to make the final cut. (MAK - thanks for telling me I'm not boring!!!).

With that, I'm going to decide right now the new name of my blog. It's going to be "And Where Is Baxley?". That's in honor of the fact that 99.9% of the people in the world have no clue of the city that I grew up in. If I mention that I'm from Georgia, the first assumption is Atlanta. If I then say I'm from South GA, then the assumption is either Savannah or somewhere just off of I-75 (everyone's driven through GA to get to FL!).

Since I did spend 12 full years there as well as summers during my college time, it has definitely defined me. I think the funniest thing that ever happened to me (that I can remember) that has to do with North meets South was the time that someone told me he couldn't believe that I was as smart as I was with my accent. For those of you that think I have an accent now, you ain't heard nuthin!

From now on, no more discussion of what we're going to call this blog.

No comments: