Saturday, May 10, 2008

Aguas Frescas

I made this drink today from fresh strawberries we picked up from the Strawberry Street Festival near our house. The strawberries were very ripe and I was worried they wouldn't last until tomorrow. So, I washed and hulled them. Then, I pureed them in the blender. I added a little fresh lemon juice and simple syrup to taste. Before drinking, I chilled it. It's like drinking strawberries, except better! You can make this drink with any fresh fruit that's in season that will puree into a drinkable liquid.

2 comments:

December said...

once more - DROOOLY!!!!

Thanks for the heads up re: monge!

Good luck with the wee one - happy and healthy 9mo!

RFMAA said...

Speaking of strawberries and other goodies in season, I was wondering if you might lend a typing hand to help us help the 17th Street Farmers Market. For the whole (but brief) story, please read our petition at http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/17thst/ If you find you agree with us (or just don't object strongly), we'd be much obliged if you would post the petition to your blog.

C U @ 17!

Mary Kroll