Sunday, July 01, 2007

My Life Lately

This post was originally written on 6/24 but I didn't publish it until today, 7/1.

I know that I haven't posted much lately. Here's a quick review of what's been going on:

1st week in June:
I went to a Happy Hour with my kickball team at Nacho Mama's. We're called the Bad Guys from Fraggle Rock. I'm not sure what the significance of that name is. That weekend MTH and I went to DC for the Lawyers Have Heart 10K. The night before the 10K, AL and I went to the Village Bistro and The Dairy Godmother, home of the best French custard. I definitely miss Alexandria! I had hoped to stop by Cheesetique and Whole Foods before leaving the DC area but MTH had to hurry back on Saturday in order to work and work out.

2nd week in June:
We had our first kickball game. We lost (badly). But, we did have fun at Sine after the game. That weekend was the James River Scramble and the James River Splash that MTH and I took part in. For the rest of the weekend, I hung out with my parents. MTH was working a lot of that time unfortunately. He did get to catch up with us over dinner on Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights. SM, Mom and I made a cake to celebrate SM's and MTH's birthdays early. We also tried out barbecuing chicken on the grill with woodchips. I made a homemade bbq sauce that we brushed on the chicken at the end. It turned out quite nice.

3rd week in June:
I missed our second kickball game on Tuesday as I thought I was going to be traveling to Northern VA for work. I ended up staying in Richmond until Wednesday. I was going up to NYC to go to a work party with MTH. As a side note, MTH has been basically working out of the NYC office lately. My flight was originally supposed to leave at 7:15pm. Instead, we left around 10:15pm. Because I was so delayed, MTH and I landed at LaGuardia about the same time. He was coming from a day trip to Dallas. We took a taxi to our hotel, W New York. When we go to check in, they inform us that they are sold out and that they've rebooked us at their sister property, the W New York Court. They pay for the taxi ride there. We go to check in there and they were so slow that it was at least another 15 minutes before we got to our room. We were in bed by 1am. MTH had a wake up call at 7am but neither of us got up. Six hours is just not quite enough sleep for me. I was up and working by 8am though. Then, I left for the party at 3:15pm. It was in a place called Rye, NY. We took a black car there. The party was quite nice. It was catered with Cuban/Latin inspired dishes. After dinner, we had a Texas Hold 'Em tournament. I did respectably but did not win. We ended up not getting back to the hotel room until after 11pm. I'm too old for late nights during the week! I got up the next morning at 7am in order to head over to KSH (my sister-in-law) to work for the morning. She and I then headed to Grand Central Station for lunch with MTH and MDH (her husband, MTH's brother). MTH canceled on us as he had a phone call for work. After a nice and extremely quick lunch at Junior's, I headed to LaGuardia. I had a 2 hour meeting from 2-4 but my flight was scheduled to leave at 5:19pm so I needed to be inside the security area in order to be on time for the flight. I was inside by 1:30pm. But, then I couldn't find a place with power or wireless for my computer. So, I bought a one day pass to the US Airways Club. It worked out for the best anyway as there were no announcements in there. That makes for a better situation when you're on the phone. Unfortunately, my flight did not leave at 5:19pm as scheduled. Instead, it left around 10pm. At this point in my life, I am not at all fond of US Airways. They are extremely unreliable and on top of that, they do not communicate very well with their passengers. The only good part about the evening is that MTH and I were there together. If I hadn't been in NYC with him, he would have been in the airport trying to get home while I was at home in Richmond, waiting on him to get there. Yesterday, we slept late in order to catch up on our sleep. I then went for an hour long walk with Britgirl. MTH and I met up with Britgirl and BL (her boyfriend, my friend from work) at Millie's for a nice dinner. Britgirl will be going back to England next weekend for a month. She's changing her visa to a student one as she's going back to school in the fall. After dinner, MTH wanted to see the DC United soccer game so we headed to Penny Lane Pub. While MTH and BL watched the game, Britgirl and I played some terrible games of pool but they were fun. We also played some games of darts. They were not as fun. Today, I've gone for a 4 mile run and am now getting a list together to go to the store.

That's June in a nutshell so far.

No comments: