Tuesday, March 06, 2007

The Lucky Buddha

MTH and I went to another restaurant in our neighborhood last Friday. The Lucky Buddha is an Asian fusion place. When we first got there, I was a little worried as the place was basically empty. It was around 8pm. I still haven't learned the schedule of the Richmond crowd but I had thought it was earlier than DC. So, MTH and I thought maybe we were the last ones. We were wrong. As we went through dinner, the place started filling up - especially around the bar. That makes sense as they have a very nice drink menu. Who knew there was such a thing as Chai liqueur? I didn't try it but plan to try it next time. We focused on the food. We started with the Salt and Pepper calamari and steamed spring rolls. We only needed the calamari as it was huge! We then each had a noodle bowl. I tried the BBQ Pork and MTH tried the shrimp and pork noodle. Again, they were huge. The next time we go, we've decided to get two smaller appetizers and just one noodle bowl to share. That will fill us up! And, then, maybe we'll have a little room to try the green tea creme brulee.

No comments: