Friday, May 18, 2007

Scenes from Flying

I am flying to Las Vegas today. Since we live in Richmond, unless I’m flying somewhere close by, I have to connect. For this flight, I connected through Dallas-Forth Worth. During that layover, I saw a group of men all dressed the same. That in itself is not interesting. The interesting part is that they each had on green shorts, yellow socks and blue blazers. I have no idea why. I should have stopped one of them to find out. Next, I was sitting in my gate area waiting on the flight to board. A man walked out of the bbq place across from our gate – he looked just like Santa Claus – white beard and belly that shakes like a bowl full of jelly. Now, I’m on the plane to Vegas. The woman beside has decided one of two things: 1) She’s not actually on a plane but actually in her shower or 2) We all WANT to hear her sing along with her headphones. She has now bought a snack so that should keep her from singing for a while. Eating does not stop her from singing. The thing is, I actually have on headphones and can still hear her. I have to say, this is the only time I don’t like being around people.

No comments: