Monday, January 02, 2006

New Year's 2006

Well, we had a fun New Year's starting on Friday. That night we went to a chichi Mexican restaurant called Rosa Mexicano. Who knew that I'd pay $24 for guacamole. Probably won't ever do that again though. The guac was awesome but somehow I think I can figure out how to do that myself. Anyway, we were then headed to the new bowling alley, Lucky Strike. Unfortunately, we didn't beat the people leaving from the Wizard's game and all the lanes were booked. So, we then made our way to Dupont Circle and proceeded to the play pool. It turned out that none of us were very good and 3 games took over an hour. MTH did make the best shots of the night at the very end of the last game but I came in runner up with a behind the back shot.

MMH and MTH before the party

Then, on Saturday night, we went to the French Embassy for a party there. It would be great to say that we had an official invitation but it was one of those professionals parties. It was cool to see the French embassy and to also say that we were on French soil to ring in 2006. The wine was pretty good although I'm not sure it was French. There was also lots of chocolate. We even had our caricatures drawn although I think we left it there. It was such a caricature, it didn't look like me.

MMH and MTH at the party

Then, we left and the no fun part of our New Year's began. I felt sick once I got into bed. Then, I woke up with a huge headache and basically did nothing on Sunday. At the end of the day, I was feeling a bit better so we walk to Joe Theismann's for dinner and MTH got to watch the Redskins win (that's his new favorite team - he's kind of a traitor to his Buffalo Bills but the Redskins are closer and better).

Then, I woke up this morning and now have a cold/the flu. The hangover from yesterday probably didn't help my immune system but I'm pretty certain that otherwise they're not linked. I'm achy all over and have a sore throat.

It's too bad that I'm not able to enjoy my days off. Tomorrow is back at work and I'm sure I'll feel just fine by then.

No comments: